1856-1944 English Sculptor
Born in London. Studied first at Oxford School of Art, then South Kensington Schools under Jules Dalou 1881-85 worked for
Dalou in Paris. First exhibited at R.A. in 1885. Returned to London, 1886; worked as assistant to J. E. Boehm. Executed many portrait
busts and public commissions, including decorative sculpture for Leeds City Square, 1898, four bronze figures for Vauxhall Bridge, 1909; and
the statue of Reynolds in Courtyard of Burlington House.