Submissions

spacer
header5
header5

Art Deco panel

Show us what your working on

Art Deco panel

Postby Randall » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:12 pm

This is an 18x22" panel I just finished, and I started another the other day.

Here is another recent work that I finished, in red clay;

Randall

Re: Art Deco panel

Postby Richard » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:00 pm

Great work. keep posting here. I, for one, will be watching.

Richard
Richard

Postby Randall » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:23 pm

Thanks Richard,
Here's a progress shot of the next model I started, calling this one D9 and I set it up last weekend but haven't had time to do much to it till today.

Last edited by Randall on Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randall

Postby Richard » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:04 pm

You have captured quite well the final phase of art deco. I can remember as a little kid when art deco was called modern. This was right after the war. Nothing had been built in the US since the 1930's except war materials and airplane factories. I still love to go to New York to visit the great art deco buildings: Chrysler, Empire State, Rockefeller Center, and the lobby of the Waldorf Astoria. All of those, with the exception of Rockefeller Center, were designed in the late 1920's, before the age of the "common man". For a short while Rockefeller Center had a mural by Rivera with Lenin in it, but I guess even then people were beginning to suspect the mass murder Lenin had initiated. The mural was destroyed. I go up to Mexico City quite often, and when I do I usually drop in to the Palacio de Bellas Artes to see Rivera's murals there.

Richard
Richard

Postby Randall » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:43 pm

I have begin casting this panel now, this one is for a client who plans an Art Deco bedroom.
The panel was cast today and will take a few days to dry out, then it will get the bright gold finish which I think will look best.
The color of the panel as shown is with special base tint added to the casting material so that the color is completely through the entire panel.
Using a base color like this under the gold (or another color under one of my other finishes) serves two purposes, one is it tends to deepen the final finish color, the other is, should the unforseen accident occur someday of a chip on a corner, or scratch, with the substrait color being close to the finishes' color, the damage won't stand out like a sore thumb as it otherwise could.

Randall

Postby Lee Prevost » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:02 am

Nice panel, should look great in gold. What is the base casting made of?
Lee Prevost

Postby david78888 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:35 pm

Nice surprise about this shorter form. Can you tell us what it is you are talking/writing about?Has any info. about this shorter form been posted before (and i just missed it)?
Become photoshop expert with passforsure training course. Get the latest 350-029 css tutorials and 642-974 design guide to Cornell University learn about different web application , and MICROSOFT .By using our latest University of California, Berkeley
david78888

Postby Koniec12 » Mon May 25, 2015 5:22 am

Can't see any images, I think links are broken.
Koniec12

Postby Jojon » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:42 pm

Links are broken.. plz reupload
Jojon

Next

Return to Work in progress