Articles & News

links

Contact

Submissions

spacer
header5
header5

Living Master Category

Start a thread related to your specific area of interest.

Living Master Category

Postby denisgrace » Sat May 07, 2011 6:49 am

Hi Everyone,

I have gotten a complaint on the "living Master " category. When I set this up it was with the idea of recognizing the body of work that some of our older sculptors have accomplished. I had the idea that I would just pick several to get things started and from that point "they" would vote who was a "Living Master". I would play no role. This could happen at intervals by a nominating process (one could nominate themselves) so what do you think ? Should we change the category i.e. give is some other name. Delete it all together of keep it like it is. What do you think ?

Denis
denisgrace
Site Admin

Re: Living Master Category

Postby tomdanahy » Sat May 07, 2011 7:14 am

"You can please some people....." This quote captures it all. We artists are often cantankerous and highly opinionated, sometimes without merit. This is a great site, with great exposure to many sculptors and styles and a credit to you Denis for having the concern, putting in the effort to set it up and maintain it, and providing a base for all figurative sculptors to show their work. Leave it as it is.
tomdanahy

Postby RZRaymonde » Sat May 07, 2011 10:18 am

I totally agree with Tom this site is a great tool for all sculptor and you cannot always please everyone do be it. I like it just the way it is and thank you Denis for spending the time and coming up with this.
RZRaymonde

Postby jayarrera » Sat May 07, 2011 7:42 pm

I have no problem with the artists in the 'living masters' gallery currently. There are several artists in the 'contemporary sculptors' gallery that I would also consider living masters, but there are also several living masters that aren't on the site at all. At some point you should put together some criteria about what the qualifications are to me the 'living masters' gallery, but don't sweat it for now. Just gathering figurative sculptors is a noble enough endeavor without having to worry about rank.
jayarrera

Postby denisgrace » Sun May 08, 2011 8:32 am

Hi Jay,

I completely agree with you. There are many in the contemporary sculptors section that deserve to be "living Masters" I guess I don't see the category as so exclusive but rather I meant it to include those older sculptors who have a body of work that represents a life time...and they need to be recognized. So I see dozens.
Also anyone who knows of someone who should be recognized let me know and I will be sure those names are given over the the "masters" who will make the decision...so Jay, I would be happy to hear your suggestions.

Cheers,
Denis
denisgrace
Site Admin

Postby martine carole gagnon » Fri May 20, 2011 2:01 pm

Je suis entièrement en accord avec Raymonde et Tom!!! Denis, c'est un travail magistral que vous faite là!! Je trouve le site très bien construit.Pour moi et les autres artistes figuratifs qui n'ont pas une grande visibilité, votre site représente pour nous beaucoup d'espoir!!!!!
Martine Carole Gagnon
martine carole gagnon

Postby Steven Eserin » Tue May 24, 2011 5:14 am

I say leave it as it is, as long as the work in that category is truly outstanding, whatever the field... that would be my only criterion.

Steve
Steven Eserin

Postby michael78888 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:47 am

I really like your way of expressing the opinion and sharing the information.
learn-a-language http://www.learn-a-language.me
Certkiller 352-001 352-001
Certkiller scjp scjp
Certkiller 642-437 642-437
michael78888

Postby minlanire » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:35 pm

minlanire

Postby bemmz » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:00 am

bemmz

Next