Articles & News

links

Contact

Submissions

spacer
header5
header5

terracotta statue painting: which materials

Materials, products, processes, suggestions and tips involving how sculpture is made.

terracotta statue painting: which materials

Postby monGraffito » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:45 am

Hello
Im waiting for my first terracotta statue to come out of the kiln. I would like to paint it over. I understand that there is special paint for that, in case I want to refire it. So the first question is: what would be the benefit of that?
I read that it is possible to paint it without re firing the statue. Probably oil pain or acrylic, I dont remember what was in that article.
Does anyone have experience with these 2 methods? What are the differences?
Thanks
Mon
monGraffito

Re: terracotta statue painting: which materials

Postby tlcrowther » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:17 pm

I sculpt in clay/terracotta and have my work low fired at 1900. I then color my pieces using acrylic paint layering several shades and colors using natural sponges. I have been using heavy body acrylic but I am now switching to soft body to get more transparency. I then wax my pieces. You can see my work by going to www.tlcrowther.com and you can contact me at terry@tlcrowther.com. All the best, Terry
tlcrowther

Re: terracotta statue painting: which materials

Postby TaylaForan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:19 pm

thanks
The material for the statues are using the plastic material and useful thing in the statues in the paints. All the statues of this workshop are not as much cheap dissertation writing services uk they all some time to work depends for the expensive.
TaylaForan

Return to Construction techniques and processes